Saturday, December 10, 2011

Korean cuisine

One of the most important experiences in a foreign country is the food. In Korea, the emphasis is on freshness and variety. I don't think I have ever seen so much freshness in my life, and the wide array of side dishes made some meals seem like they had 15 courses.

The Korean diet seems to be largely based on vegetables, and is very low on salt and fat. My hosts certainly made sure that I had enough to eat during my visit, but I did not gain any weight during those 8 days.

I put together a video for you to explain the experience. We have a lot to learn from Koreans. If Americans and Europeans switched from their prefab food to fresh vegetables, obesity would be drastically less common – as the waistlines in Korea show.

No comments:

Post a Comment